PRIVACY & PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers, potential customers and customers or potential customers of our affiliates or partners ("you" and "your").
2. Purpose of this policy
This policy disclaims the personal information and privacy issues that affect you and any potential customers. It describes the way we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you, your business or a natural person and can be used to identify any of the above (“personal information”).
3. Personal information:
3.1 includes certain information collected on registration,additional information accessed through your interactions with us, and optional information that you voluntarily provide to us.
3.2 excludes information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person; permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically, and non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, social media account, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
4. Acceptance of terms
▪ You must accept all the terms of this policy when you visit our website or register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for and use any of the services. You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
▪ We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
6.1 On registration Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include: your name, surname, company name, company registration number, and VAT number,your postal address, email address, telephone number, and postal code,your user ID and password,your social media details or related user accounts,Payment details, bank account(s) and credit card number(s).
When you access our website we may send one or more Cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer to collect certain usage information. We use session Cookies (which disappear after you close your browser) and persistent Cookies (which remain after you close your browser and which can be removed manually) which may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website.
We use information gathered by Cookies to improve the website. Please note that some of our business partners (e.g. advertisers) use their own Cookies or widgets on our website. We have no access to or control over them.
eatandexercisehealthy.com uses Google Analytics and Cookies to target our advertising on third party sites. For example, it may be ads on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google AdWords or other websites.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service that analyses how users interact with the site. On behalf of eatandexercisehealthy.com and based on your consent, Google will use this information to assess your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and internet use.
7.1 Messages and updates
▪ We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
7.2 Targeted content
▪ While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process personal information and match it to adverts or related information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. If you click on a third party or affiliate or advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
▪ If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
▪ We may disclose personal information if required:
• by a subpoena or court order;
• to comply with any law;
• to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
• to prevent violation of our service terms.
9. Security of personal information
▪ Generally we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files as such we are committed to protecting the security of your personal data.We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
10. Accurate and up to date
▪ We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes explicitly defined in this policy. From time to time we will request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, by emailing us, or by phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
11. Retention of personal information We will only retain your personal information for as long as we determine is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
▪ retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
▪ you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our obligations. Unless explicitly directed otherwise, your access of our website or use of our services is deemed consent to retain records of the information outlined in this privacy and personal information policy.
12. Transfer of personal information outside Nigeria
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside Nigeria to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside Nigeria in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in Nigeria. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
13. Updating or removing You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us by logging into your account.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
If you have any questions or concerns arising from this privacy & personal information policy or the way in which we handle personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.